Seeing as I'm trying new things on my blog, I thought I'd avoid the whole 'OOTD' or 'FOTN' malarky - it is so 2011 - and just name all outfit and makeup posts as "What I Wore" from now on. I'll number them so you know how many of them are knocking around the blog and I will try and go back through my archive and rename the other ones so they're all uniform. Both fancy Indian outfits and my normal everyday or 'English' outfits will come under this same tag now so they're easier to locate.
Now, that's all explained and cleared up, this is what I wore on Saturday evening to a wedding reception:
Excuse the blurry photo, it was taken on my phone.
Also, I'll try and find a different pose spot that isn't next to my fridge - clearly I'm still figuring things out!
The long blue, black and grey Anarkali (style of suit) outfit is from India so can't really give you the ins and outs of where I got it and all that jazz but I thought I'd give you all a look anyway. I paired the outfit with blue and gold antique looking earrings (also from India) and my new Dune peep toe stilettos, which I got in the sale two weeks ago (LINK!)
Considering it was baking hot on Saturday, I had to get myself in to a full sleeve outfit which was not a fun time, let me tell you!
Now, the makeup...
Again, shoddy photo from my phone.
- Garnier Perfect Blur*
- Dr. LeWinn's Skin Perfect Anti-Ageing Foundation in Tan
- Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener in Bisque*
- Make Up For Ever Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream in 10
- Maybelline FitMe Concealer in 25*
- Maybelline FitMe Powder in 220*
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Naked 2 Palette - Mix of shadows
- ELF Eyebrow Lifter & Filler*
- Miss Sporty Clear Mascara (to set brows)
- Bourjois Lineur Pineau Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- MAC Kohl Pencil in Smoulder
- Revlon Photoready Mascara
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Amplified Mascara
- NARS Bronzer in Laguna
- MAC Blush Ombre in Ripe Peach
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Stereo Rose
- MAC Lip Liner in Lasting Sensation
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 11 Fraise Remix*
After a quick spritz of The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist, I was all set and ready to rock and roll!
Wedding season has now kicked off for me so I will try and get some more "What I Wore" posts over the next couple of months.
Are there any products that are must haves for you during wedding season?
NOTE: Products marked with * are PR samples