I've been really neglecting my makeup collection as of late and instead of caking the products on, I've been going for a very minimalistic look and using products that I know I can rely on to stick around all day. Most of my week has involved a lot of traipsing around London and hoping on off buses, trains and tubes so my hair has pretty much been in a bun so it's out of my face and outfits have been versatile enough to go from meeting to lunch to office. What can I say, such is the life of a beauty PR.
My foundation of choice for about a week now has been the new Illamasqua Skin Base and it will probably be the only foundation I use this summer, shunning my trusty Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation.
This is what it looks like on:
Keep in mind that I applied my foundation at 8am and it lasted me until about 6pm when I got home and took it all off so I'm very impressed. I'm going to do a more thorough review of the Skin Base foundation next week so look out for that one. Until then, these are the products on my mug:
- *Benefit Porefessional PRO Balm - Used to prime my T-Zone and cheek area
- *Illamasqua Skin Base foundation in 10 - Applied with my hands and buffed out with my flat top kabuki
- Bourjois Lineur Pinceau in Black - Applied on upper lash line
- Max Factor Xperience Mascara in Black
- NARS Bronzer in Laguna - Used to lightly contour the cheekbones
- *NARS Blush in Orgasm - Applied on apples of cheeks and blended with Laguna
- Carmex Moisture Plus in Peach - Applied lightly on the lips
I finished off with a quick spritz of MAC Fix+ and was on my merry way in 10 minutes!
What kind of no-makeup makeup have you been wearing? If you've got a way of incorporating colour in to a very simple makeup look, let me know because I'm looking for some inspiration to try coloured eye liner or something.
Until next time...
Keep swivelling those hips in your
NOTE: Products marked with * are PR samples