With everyone declaring their undying love for NARS Dogon from the new Summer 2011 collection, I was waiting for the perfect occasion to break in to mine so I finally did yesterday. The new Dogon duo is made up of a shimmery taupe with specks of green and a carbon black with specks of blue (I might be the only one that picks up on the blue). Although both shades of the duo are gorgeous, the magic happens when you layer the darker shadow over the lighter one as it transforms into an even more beautiful shade.
Anyway, this is what my mug looked like yesterday:
BASE- Benefit Porefessional - Underneath my foundation
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Natural
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Bisque
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Natural
- Bobbi Brown Sheer Loose Powder in Pale Yellow
- NARS Orgasm blush
- NARS Albatross highlighter
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bolero
- NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight
- NARS Lipgloss in Easy Lover
I didn't realise that most of the products on my face were NARS until the end of night when I was taking my makeup off and noticing how nothing budged from when I had first put it on! Muy impressed!
A closer look at the smoky eye makeup:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Dogon
- MAC Eyeshadow in Grain - Brow highlight
- Illamasqua Precision Liner in Abyss - Upper lash line
- MAC Chromographic Pencil in Black Black - Tightlining and water line
- Paula's Choice Illicit Lash Maximum Impact Mascara
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara
Outfit of the night:
Vest top: H&M
Watch: Toy Watch
I know I look really annoyed or peed off in the photo but it is a bit hard to smiley happy outfit posts when someone else is taking the photo and someone else is laughing at you in the background - Thanks to my brother and my dad.
Yesterday was the first day that I wore my new ASOS toffee patent stilettos and I have to admit, they weren't as uncomfortable as I thought they would be. Now, this could be down to the fact that I was sitting down for most of the night as we were at dinner and not dancing the night away but I'm sure after I've broken them in, they'll be perfect for dancing.
For those of you who are still contemplating picking up NARS Dogon, don't wait around because I wouldn't want you to miss out on such a beautiful product. It is expensive at £23.50 but it'll all be worth it once it becomes your go-to product for all those nights out!
Until next time...
Keep swivelling those hips in your