Coral and tangerine are always popular colours when the weather warms up in London and rightly so too because they are gorgeous and usually suit most skintones. Yesterday was a lovely day so I decided to pull out my new coral shirt from Primark and give it an outing, along with my SleekMakeUP 'Avoir la Peche' palette (a.k.a Paraguaya) to give me some much needed colour on my eyes.Full face:
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Natural - Applied using the Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Bisque
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Natural
- Sleek MakeUP Blush in Pan Tao - Part of the 'Avoir la Peche' collection
- Sleek MakeUP Blush in Rose Gold
- NARS Velvet Lip Gloss Pencil in Happy Days
- Lancome L'Absolue Rouge Lipstick in 153 Rouge Mars
- NARS Lip Gloss in Wonder
A close up of the face:
I've never used a sponge to apply my foundation before but I have to admit that I really liked the finish that the Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge gave me. My makeup looked fresh and dewy which is great for a summer day when you don't want to look too caked on or dry in specific areas. Having never gone for peachy-orange cheeks before, the Pan-Tao blush by Sleek MakeUP can look quite garish and frightening in the packaging, however it is actually isn't that bad once applied with a very light hand. If you're after something a little different from your usual pink blush then I recommend having a look at Pan-Tao, if you can still get hold of it in your local Superdrug.
A close up of the eyes:
What I used:
- NARS Pro Prime Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base
- Sleek MakeUP 'Avoir la Peche' palette for entire eye makeup
- Lancome Art Liner in Noir
- MAC Chromographic Pencil in Black Black
- NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
I found that using coral/tangerine/orange shades in my eyeshadow makeup, really softened the whole look and made a nice change from using beige and brown shades that I've become stuck in a rut with. I love doing a subtle brown smoky eye or something similar, but it was refreshing to introduce some subtle colour to match the casual outfit I was wearing. Most of the time I end up saving all the crazy bright eyeshadows to go with my Indian outfits but I'm trying to break out of my bubble so hopefully, this is just the beginning. Baby steps and all of that jazz!
What colour are you loving on your eyes at the moment? Let me know in the box!
Until next time...
Keep swivelling those hips in your